If you’re one of those suffering from cracked heels, you certainly want to get rid of this foot problem right away. Cracked heels are not only unpleasant to look at because of the dry, thick yellowish or brownish skin, but can also be painful in some cases. Thankfully, here’s an easy home remedy that you can try to get rid of the problem. You will only need the following:
- 10 aspirin or acetylsalicylic acid
- 250 ml rubbing alcohol (70% solution)
- Gauze pad or cotton ball
- Plastic foil
Once you have the needed items above, follow these instructions:
1. Crush the aspirin tablets until they become powder.
2. Pour alcohol over the crushed aspirin and leave the solution alone for one to two days.
3. Make sure you shake the solution well before you use it as treatment.
4. Get some cotton that can cover the affected area. You can use gauze pad if you want.
5. Soak the cotton or gauze with the solution.
6. Wrap it around your heel with a plastic foil.
7. Wear socks, so the remedy stays intact overnight.
8. When you wake up, rinse your feet and dry it using a towel.
9. Finally, apply glycerin or your favorite foot cream. You can also exfoliate your cracked heels using a foot scrubbing before you use your foot cream.
You can opt for anodal or acetaminophen tablets instead of aspirin. This remedy is said to be effective and can help you get rid of the problem within 10 days.